Friends of the Library
The Friends group meets on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m. in the Community Room. The group meets in February, May, June, July, August, September, October and November. Monthly work parties are held to sort books for the book sale.
Other Friends information is posted on the library bulletin boards.
Mission of the Friends of Land O Lakes Library, Inc.
The purpose of the organization shall be:
- Supporting activities for the Library
- Sponsor programs for the benefit of the Community
- Educational programs.
- Guest authors
- Gifts to library for purchase of books and audio/video materials
- Purchase of furniture, computers and software for the library
- Annual kindergarten reading promotion and book give-away for Land O' Lakes and Watersmeet schools.
- Refreshments for programs
- Annual book sale and silent auction 4th Saturday in July
- Clare Okraszewski - President
- Lynn Klemann - Treasurer